10 Easy Exercises for Overall Wellness
- Ball Squats – place the aerobic ball against the wall with your lower back against the ball. Squat down until your knees are at a 90 degree angle/thighs are parallel to the floor. Push through the heels to return to the starting position. Complete 30 reps.
- Wall/Table Push Ups – with hands under the shoulders and hands about shoulder width apart, lower the chest towards the wall or table, push through the hands to return to starting position. Complete 30 reps.
- Banded Rows – keep your elbows at a 90 degree angle, pull the band straight back so that you are pinching the shoulder blades together. Slowly return the band to the starting position. Complete 30 reps.
- Straight Leg Raises – laying down on a table, bend one knee up with foot flat on the table. Keeping the other leg as straight as possible, point the foot toward the shin and lift the leg to the height of the other knee. Hold for 2 seconds at the top and then slowly lower back down to the table. Complete 30 reps.
- Shoulder Press – with either dumbbells, a resistance band or a machine – with your arms out to the side, bend the elbows to a 90 degree angle. Press the weight upwards above the head by straighten out the arms, then return to the starting position. Complete 30 reps. Can also be completed doing single arm. (If using the resistance band, stand with both feet in the middle of the band, or with just one foot on the band if doing single arm.)
- Bicep Curls – with either a dumbbell or a resistance band – keep the elbows locked at the side of your body, raise the hand toward the chest, and then slowly return to the starting position. Complete 30 reps on both sides. (If using the resistance band, stand on the bottom of the band to create the resistance.)
- Bridges – laying down on a table, bend both the knees up with the feet flat on the table. Squeeze the buttock muscles first, then push through the heels to raise the butt up off the table. Hold the position at the top for 2 seconds and then slowly return to the starting position. Complete 30 reps.
- Stationary Lunges – starting standing with feet together and hands on hips, step forward with one leg lowering the hips until both legs are at a 90 degree angle. Push through the front leg to return back to the starting position. Be sure to keep the body/chest upright the entire time by engaging the abdominal muscles. Complete 30 reps on both legs.
- Ball Curls – laying down on a table, place an aerobic ball underneath the heels. Push the heels into the ball and drag the ball into the buttock. Hold for 2 seconds and roll the ball back out. Complete 30 reps.
- Walking! – Great use of all muscles, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems
These are exercises that will help allow you to perform everyday activities like going up and down stairs, getting out of a chair with greater ease, completing household chores, and many more.
With resistance training you will also get the added benefit of strengthening bones, tendons, ligaments and tissues that help keep your body in its upright position, and can help prevent or slow down the progression of osteoporosis and heart disease.
Lastly, don’t forget about sleep! Keeping up and progressing your exercises are important to maintain strength klonopin no prescription and health, however, sleep is just as important to help the body rebuild and recover!